A mummy treat: Ushvani spa

The pool area

I have been lucky enough to visit many a London spa in my time. I love Elemis facials, The Berkeley's pool area and Harrods' Urban Retreat where you can get a complete top to toe make-over (yes please). But recently I visited Ushvani, a discreet, Malaysian spa, located not far from Sloane Street, and I was quietly blown-away. Housed in a wood-paneled Edwardian town house and flanked with immaculate pale marble floors, it feels more secret and sumptuous than most other day spas out there. The pool, steam rooms and changing rooms feel just that bit more indulgent. Chelsea mums can also take their little ones to baby massage sessions here (Mondays at 10.30am) or book in for one of the yoga or Pilates classes. I can highly recommend the signature message (from £180 for 90 minutes). After an hour of firm, purrr-inducing massage, which targeted all my tense shoulders and upper back, I was practically nodding off. You know you've had a good treatment when you start to dribble. A fabulous gift idea for any mummy who loves her pampering.

Ushvani spa, 1 Cadogan Gardens, SW3 2RJ (020 7730 2888/www.ushvani.com) Sloane Square tube. 10am-7pm Mon, Fri; noon-9pm Tue, thur; 10am-6pm Sat (hours vary)


One of the treatment rooms
The Asmara Suite




No comments:

Post a Comment