Chic Mum: Courtney Adamo

Courtney Adamo with her youngest daughter, Marlow

Courtney Adamo, 32, is co-founder of Babyccino Kids and lives in north London with her husband and four children, Easton, 8, Quin, 6, Ivy, 4 and Marlow, 11 months. 

Greatest style challenge since having children?
Not having enough time in the morning to think about my clothing options. I often end up throwing on something I’ve already worn earlier in the week because it’s easy and doesn’t require too much thought. I also never have enough time for make-up, which is fine most of the time because I tend to prefer a more natural look…but the older I get (and due to the lack of sleep we’re getting at the moment!) the more I realise I could use a bit of make-up.

How long do you allow yourself to get ready? 
I can be super quick! All I usually need is 15 minutes. I only wash my hair every three or four days and usually in the evening, so that helps keep things quick in the morning. 

Quick beauty tips and tricks? 
I really don’t have any tips or tricks. But if I had to choose a product I couldn’t live without, it would be the Universal Styling Crème from Aveda. I have really thick, wavy hair, and this seems to calm it all down a bit. I also like Burt’s Bees chapstick. And Sjal Cela Intuitif face lotion.

Your off-duty outfit for when it's just you and the kids? 
Skinny jeans, ankle boots, and a jumper (and sadly, often a rain coat!). 

Health regime?
I try to do yoga at least a couple times a week, which I love both for mental and physical benefit. I also stay pretty active running up and down our stairs and chasing after children all day long. But that’s sort of it. I wish I had more time – I would definitely do yoga every day if I could.

Who is your hairdresser? 
I go to Mowgli in Primrose Hill. My hairdresser at Mowgli recently moved to Australia, so now I’m going to have to find a new one. 

Favourite designers? 
Isabel Marant, Ace & Jig, Hatch, and Topshop. 

Favourite kids' labels?
Bonton, Miller, Petit Bateau, and Bonpoint for a real splurge.  

Where do you hunt for fashion bargains? 
Topshop! But I’m not really good at bargain shopping. I have a teensy wardrobe, and also like to keep things really simple… so if I’m going to spend the money, I would rather buy one nice thing than buy a few cheaper, trendier items. 

Favourite secret shop/website?
I love Couverture & The Garbstore in Notting Hill. I also really love to visit J Crew and Madewell when I’m in America visiting family. 

Desert island fashion item? 
Hmm… if I could, I would live in my cosy, worn-in Topshop leggings. So comfortable (I even sleep in them!).

Courtney will be hosting ShopUp! designer kids' shopping event on Sun Dec 1 and Mon Dec 2 at Cecil Sharp House, 2 Regent's Park Rd, NW1 7AY. www.babyccinokids.com


Courtney with her beautiful children (from left to right) Ivy, Marlow, Quin and Easton
 

No comments:

Post a Comment