Chic Mum: Sophie Dean

Stylist Sophie Dean with her daughter, Araminta

Sophie Dean is a fashion stylist who has worked for Wallpaper Magazine, Grazia, In Style and ES Magazine. She combines editorial with advertising and also styles children's fashion shoots. She is mummy to Indigo, four-and-a-half (who has modeled for Burberry and Gucci) and Araminta, three (also a model) and lives in west London.


Greatest style challenge since having children?
Switching from wearing the 'Mum' cap to 'Fashion Editors' cap in the same day.

How long do you allow yourself to get ready? 

It depends what for, if it's just getting the children to school, then 15 minutes, if I am going on a job, then half an hour (I work out what I am wearing the night before in my head).

Quick beauty tips and tricks? 

Shu Uemura eyelash curlers. They instantly make my eyes look bigger and give the appearance of mascara on my lashes.

You off-duty outfit for when it's just you and the kids?

Low slung baggy jeans, v-neck jumper and Birkenstocks.

Beauty product you could not live without? 

Bobbi Brown foundation stick

Health regime? 
I run around Queens Park a couple of times a week, drink lots of water and don't eat meat but lots of fish. I also treat myself the the best detox retreat ever once a year called Breathe Detox Retreats in Devon (www.breathedetox.com), where I come away totally cleansed (mentally and physically) having lost weight and feeling fabulous!

Who is your hairdresser? 
Andrew at Ego Hair in Queens Park.

Favourite designers? 
Isabel Marant, Marni and Chloe.

Favourite kids' labels? 

Mini Boden; Little Bird at Mothercare; Caramel Child.

Where do you hunt for fashion bargains? 
Portobello Market on a Friday for good vintage finds.

Favourite secret shop/website? 
www.rowenandwren.co.uk

Desert island fashion item? 

My Heidi Klein polka dot bikini (as recommended by my husband)!






Visit Sophie Dean's website at www.sophiedean.com



No comments:

Post a Comment